LAKE COUNTRY DISCOVERY MUSEUM
Your comprehensive resource to experience all that is Lake Country!
The Lake Country Discovery Museum (LCDM), sponsored by BankSouth in partnership with Coldwell Banker Lake Oconee Realty/Lake Country, is your one-stop-shop to discover all aspects of what life is like in Lake Country. With the grand 8x10 ft. topographical scale map, you will be able to uniquely visualize the intricate terrain of Lake Oconee. In addition, the museum is a comprehensive source of valuable information ranging from recreation, arts and culture, school and church profiles, entertainment, history, and much more. Meet your local Coldwell Banker agent at the museum for an in-depth consultation of the area or just stop by during our hours of operation. If you are considering moving to the Lake Country area, this is a can’t-miss destination!
Information at a glance:
• Brand new 3,500 sq. ft. facility located in the BankSouth building on the first floor at the intersection of Highway 44 and Linger Longer Road near the Publix in Greensboro, Ga.
• Hours of operation:
• April through September
• October through March
• Also available by private appointment and for special events.
• Free service, open to the public
• Filled with historical exhibits, interactive multi-media displays, informational kiosks, videos, nostalgic memorabilia, art gallery, free Wi-Fi and hundreds of photographs depicting “Lake Country”
• Special documentary tribute to the building of Georgia Power’s Wallace Dam Hydroelectric Power Plant and Lake Oconee reservoir
• 8ft by 10ft scale model of Lake Oconee and surrounding “Lake Country”
• Area maps, trail guides, community calendars, miscellaneous reference material and onsite Volunteer/Tour Guides and Real Estate Agents to answer questions and ensure a pleasant visit to the Lake Country Discovery Museum
• LCDM will be the potential location of future traveling exhibits, social events, lectures, storytelling, demonstrations, field trips, visiting tour groups etc.
• Content for the LCDM has been generously donated by Georgia Power, local Chambers of Commerce, community arts, entertainment and recreational partners, tourism and economic development authorities, local photographers and videographers, non-profit and civic organizations, area community service providers, individuals, BankSouth, Coldwell Banker, Lake Oconee Realty/Lake Country
• For general questions about the Discovery Museum, contact Debra Shine, Director/Curator at 678 936-6986